Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Grandma Jeannie's Red Hot Applesauce Jello Salad


I met my friend, Jeannie, my junior year at Whitworth. She and her husband, Ted, treated me like one of their own and I often went to their house for dinner. Jeannie has made this Jell-O salad for me for years - I do love it!! Now, Elyse loves it too. Time to continue the tradition! Jeannie recommends you serve with spicy foods. I recommend you serve it anytime - kids and adults will love.

1 large or two small pkgs raspberry Jell-O
2 c boiling water
1/4 c red hot candy
1 24 oz jar applesauce

Dissolve Jell-O and red hots in boiling water until red hots are completely dissolved. Stir in applesauce. Pour into mold or casserole dish. Chill before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Blog List

Who's Visiting Today?